Useful Recommendations For APA Quantitative Research Paper
Below you will learn how to format your APA quantitative research paper.
- General Format
- There shouldn’t be any page breaks between the intro, methods, results, or discussion sections of the paper.
- Pages that should be stand-alone pages are the title, references, abstract, figures, and tables.
- Entire paper should be 12pt and double-spaced with one-inch margins.
- Title Page
- The title of your work should not be any more than 12 words or less than 10.
- The title of your work, your name, and the name of your school centered on the page.
- Create a header on each page that includes a title of no more than 50 characters on the left-hand corner of your paper and the page number on the right.
- The abstract should be no more than 120 words, which would be one paragraph with no indents and double spaced.
- You want to state the topic in one sentence and tell the reader an overview of what they will be reading about.
- Don’t label it Introduction.
- Grab the reader’s attention; you don’t want them to fall asleep before they read the rest of your paper.
- Foreshadow what you will be talking about.
- Use references from different studies; just touch base don’t go into great detail.
Here you will describe how you did the study. This should be written in a way that another person could duplicate the method that you used. There are usually a few sections in this part of your paper and these sections are:
- Statistics should be included here
- List the types of analysis or another test that were done to get your hypothesis
- Tables and figures can be placed here.
- Don’t explain all of the results or interpret them that is what the discussion section is for.
- Begin this with a restatement of the findings and explain if they supported your hypothesis or not and explain if you were surprised with the results.
- How do the finds your got support other research that has been done on the topic?
- Where there any limitations to your results and study?
- Where there any new questions that arose during the study?
- Then you want, to sum up all of the information in the final paragraph.
The last section is the references; you want to make sure you put them in APA style and that you don’t forget to include in text ones as well.
This article has highlighted the order of sections for your APA formatted paper to help you be successful.